Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Favorite Pass time...

This morning I stayed home with my kids because they were both feeling under the weather... so i utilized this day to play "super mom" i wanted to make them breakfast, and they wanted pancakes... however... we were out of the pancake mix, you know the kind you "just add water" too. haha so... i got out the ole' cook book and made these suckers from scratch! And i do have to say... they were the absolute best pancakes I have had in a REALLLYYY long time. you know you are growing up when you can whip something up from scratch :)

Probably because I spend my spare time reading Southern Living and browsing blogs, the internet, random cookbooks for things I can feed my family with. They always say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.... no wonder men are more appreciative of their wives in their older years than in the beginning... because i know josh did not love me because of my cooking skills in the beginning... and its a good thing he loves me for my cooking skills now because i dont have the body/looks i did when he loved me in the beginning haha.

Anyways, since recipe scoping and backing/cooking have become my favorite pass time, i thought i would share one of my all time favorite most memorable things in the world with you. This is a blank cookbook I got from my grandma's house when she passed away. She had tons and tons of books(literally like a library) and i found this old cookbook full of weather blank pages. I took it and have since then continued to fill it in with family recipes and some of my favorites as i come across new things. I hope to pass this onto my kids one day. They already love to help in the kitchen (especially Kenz) so hopefully they will get married knowing how to cook instead of trying to figuring it out on their own like I did.





I think we need to have a blogger recipe share so we can all trade ideas :)





No comments: